Recruits new volunteer groups and aids in maintaining positive relationships with all groups, assists and supervises activities of Non-Profit Groups working in all departments. Assists in the training, staffing and day-to-day operations of the Non-Profit Groups.
- Recruit Non-Profit Groups to work at Chicago Tiny House, meeting the metrics indicated on the staffing grid
- Travel off-site to recruit Non-Profit Groups establishing networks within the community and region
- Create and update recruiting materials and presentations to distribute to potential groups
- Track and organize Non-Profit contracts
- Assist in training Non-Profit Group Members in company procedures including alcohol training, guest service training, and technical training, as well as tracking all group members trained
- Assist with check-in and supervision of Non-Profit Groups during events
- Prepare various sales and operational reports from information compiled for each event
- Assist in completing concessions/group productivity reports in all departments each event
- Checks event day worker lists to see if group members are trained, inform the proper group leader immediately if they are not
- Previous supervisory experience, including the management of groups or teams of people preferred
- Previous non-profit work or experience a plus
- Experienced with phone communication
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Chicago Tiny House Service Standards
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with Non-Profit Groups and successfully sell the fundraising opportunities with Chicago Tiny House
- Ability to complete required pre-employment drug and background check in addition to alcohol service license.
- Knowledgeable in the operating food service equipment, basic food preparatory techniques, sanitation and safety issues.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead
- Highly motivated, ability to take initiative
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work evening hours and event days
- Frequent walking, for entire length of shift
- Constant standing, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
- Ability to perform normal lifting of stock up to 50 pounds
Environmental Working Condition
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme heat and cold, depending on season